Thursday, February 25, 2010

Apologies

So sorry for the lack of posts! I was waiting for a few days to come up with something good to post about but it turned into a couple of weeks. However I do have substantial topics today.

First of all, I'm realizing there's some things that I may have to break the bond for. Pens and Pencils. I'm trying to rummage through my house to find what I need but at some point I will run out. I may have to go conventional there but I'm going to try and find some sustainable alternatives. I know there's recycled pencils. Research needed.

I have my lover's birthday and a wedding coming up in the spring and I'm thinking about gifts. I know there are usually registers and what not but I don't think any of them will be fair trade. I need to find something useful to make them or try and find a fair trade gift applicable to a new couple. For my boy, I don't know what will be suffice. It's hard enough to think of a conventional gift, let alone a fair trade one that he'll enjoy.

I need to buy new insoles for my shoes. I ran a marathon this past year and insoles were my savior. I also will need to buy new shoes altogether, but those absolutely need to be fair trade. Nike. 'nuff said.

Today's link is to a fair trade store having a 15% off sale celebrating their first year of business.

http://www.thefairtradestore.co.uk/emarketing/

No comments:

Post a Comment