Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm an Island in Corporate America

Apologies for not updating timely, I don't have a computer anymore :( I was going to try and not buy any books from chains or big websites, but I couldn't find Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet or Food Inc. at a local store. They are both about sustainable eating though and I don't think there is too much mistreatment in the book industry. Still, I'm going to try and buy as much from local bookstores as possible.
I was doing really well with my sustainable eating. I would love to eat 100% organic all the time, but it's hard when you're at someone's house or you're out to eat. It's frustrating to realize the limitations that I'll often face with eating and consuming fair. Technically the principles of the challenge include me not purchasing items not fairly traded, but it's hard not to eat leftover chocolate that's just sitting there. All of the stuff that I am trying to avoid is so mass produced that it works its way into most places of my life. I think my purchase "vote" is the main point of concern. It's like my second hand clothing concession, only it would be second hand food, well you know what I mean.

Pick of the day: A lovely little LBD
http://www.aventuraclothing.com/product/dresses+%26amp-+skirts/dresses/weston+sweaterknit+dress.do

No comments:

Post a Comment